Sometimes scars are great storytellers, but othertimes they can be unsightly and embarrassing. Depending on the cause of one’s scars, they can be quite traumatic to manage every day. But, for some people, they are just an unpleasant sight they want to get rid of it.
They can be a result of an injury like burns, laceration, or small cuts, acne, incision due to surgery, and stretch marks due to drastic weight change or pregnancy. Generally, scars are either flat or protruding.
If they are located on an exposed part of the body, such as the hands or face, one would probably want to get rid of them.
Even though there are many commercial skin products which offer complete scar removal, they contain chemicals and are quite expensive. What’s more, they are not always providing the desired result.
Luckily, there’s something you can do to remove these unpleasant marks on your skin completely naturally, without undergoing a surgical procedure or buying expensive creams.
What you can do is prepare a home remedy for scar removal that requires just a few natural ingredients. Besides reducing the appearance of your scars, the remedy will improve your overall skin as well.
Here are the ingredients and their benefits.
How the Ingredients Work
- Lavender oil – stimulates skin cell rejuvenation, thus speeding up the process of scar healing
- Coconut oil – the medium chain fatty acids it contains increase the production of collagen, increasing the rate of wound and scar healing.
- Honey – it has healing and antiseptic properties which nurture the skin and prevent it from scarring
- Olive oil – it contains high levels of vitamin E and vitamin K which work together to eliminate scars
Here’s how to make the remedy.
Home Remedy for Scar Removal
- 4 drops of lavender oil
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic honey
- Half a cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of olive oil
Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the lavender and olive oil and stir with a wooden cutlery. Then, add one tablespoon of organic honey and mix well.
Once heated, remove the pan from heat and let it cool. After that, transfer it to a jar and store it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Your scar removal remedy is now done. Apply it on your scar every day for a month, and you’ll soon notice improvements.